How to Cook Adobong Kangkong (Water Spinach)?

Yesterday my wife asks me to cook her favorite kangkong. It is hard for me since she always cook this menu every time she wants to eat kangkong. So I end up asking her how to do it the way she likes.
She gives me every detail but I’m not comfortable with it. Now, I do my own style the way. I am surprise when she tells that she likes it.


Ingredients for Adobong Kangkong (Water Spinach)
Kangkong (Water Spinach)
Garlic – Half a head and minced
Onion – 1 big and sliced finely
Ground Black Pepper
Dark Soy Sauce – 2 tablespoon
Cooking Oil – 2 tablespoon
Salt – to taste

How I do it
Heat the pan and put the cooking oil. Add the minced garlic and then the sliced onions until it smell fragrant and little brown. Put the kangkong stalks first before the leaves. (Kangkong should prepare separating the leaves and the stalks from the leaves.)  Stir it while pouring the soy sauce. Put some water if you want a lot sauce. Put some black pepper and salt to taste (usually dark sauce here in KL is not salty). Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.

Serve it with love.

Sa Tagalog
Initin ang kawali at ilagay ang mantika. Idagdag ang tinadtad na bawang at pagkatapos ay ang hiniwang sibuyas hanggang mag-amoy mabango ito at maging kulay kayumanggi. Ilagay ang tangkay ng kangkong bago ang mga dahon. (Ang kangkong ay dapat ihanda na magkakahiwalay ang mga dahon at mga tangkay mula sa mga dahon.) Haluin ito habang ibinubuhos ang toyo. Maglagay ng unting tubig kung nais mong may madaming sabaw. Maglagay ng paminta at asin sa iyong panglasa. Takpan at hayaan kumulo ng 5 minuto.

Ihain ito nang may pagmamahal.

Estimated Time to Cook
Preparation time is 15 minutes.
Cooking time is 15 minutes.
Ready in 30 minutes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment